To submit a job or a job-related posting, please e-mail email@example.com –
PLEASE note that QWAFAFEW as a non-profit volunteer group offers this bulletin board at no charge. Morevoer, this has been posted purely at the discretion of the New York Chapter AND explicitly without the consent of the Boston Chapter which hosts the site.
As such, we take NO RESPONSIBILITY for the content of anything posted herein:
Jobs (posted March 16, 2018)
Position Title: Head of Quantitative Research
Department/Division: Vident Financial, LLC
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Summary: The Head of Quantitative Research is responsible for the research, development,
implementation, and monitoring of the firm’s Principles-Based Investing (“PBI”)
indexes. In addition to developing new strategies and supporting new product
development, the Head of Quantitative Research leads the firm’s quarterly and
semi-annual index rebalances. The role also entails significant client support
including reporting, performance attribution, and quarterly webinars.
Reports To: COO and Chairman of VIPC
Supervises: Not currently. Anticipate Summer Internships and full-time Analyst, over time.
• Develop, review, enhance, and oversee the implementation of systematic
principles-based investment processes.
• Conduct empirical research to identify, measure, and forecast relationships
between economic variables or investment attributes and market returns.
• Identify optimal ways to combine and weight investment signals.
• Employ optimization and portfolio construction techniques to best express
principles in portfolios while managing risks and mitigating turnover and
• Build and enhance Vident’s proprietary strategy back-testing infrastructure.
• Guide (or sometimes support) new strategy and index development projects.
• Work with other research teams and members on research quality assurance.
• Review industry literature to keep abreast of the latest research developments in
security selection, portfolio construction and optimization.
• Lead and conduct semi-annual and quarterly portfolio rebalances. Download
and import new market data and incorporate them into Vident’s index
construction models. Conduct rebalances in careful alignment with the index
• Present newly rebalanced portfolios to the Vident Index Policy Committee
(VIPC) in clear and succinct fashion, alerting members to any risks or changes
in portfolio attributes and constituents.
• Write code to enhance, streamline and automate rebalance processes.
• Conduct post-trade analysis to understand portfolio implementation costs and
guide future portfolio implementation strategies.
• Collect, process, and distribute portfolio and benchmark data for quarterly fact
sheets, webinars, investor packets, marketing presentations, and the Vident
• Write code to automate and streamline data processing and calculations.
• Prepare market and investment performance commentaries.
• Develop, write, and maintain portfolio attribution programs to understand
performance drivers and potential risk factors impacting portfolios. Conduct
internal performance attributions on weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed
• Develop and integrate additional quantitative tools to innovate the research and
Client Relations & Marketing
• Research, model, and forecast probability of success for the Vident funds and
contrast with other public funds.
• Provide index performance attribution commentary for external advisors.
• Write investment blog materials as needed.
• Speak on quarterly conference calls and webinars regarding Vident indexes.
• Support the generation of fund-focused client marketing and webinar materials.
• Prepare Vident indexes to rebalance commentary to share on the Vident website.
Support Vident Investment Advisors (VIA) and Business Development
• Advise and support VIA portfolio managers related to Vident indexes
implementation and rebalancing strategies.
• Advise on and/or assist with innovative external client index strategies.
• Participate in calls on potential new Vident business relationships and
• Expertise in empirical investment research and quantitative portfolio
• Experience with index management and development preferred.
• Proficient programmer in MATLAB.
• Experience with VBA, R and C-Based programming languages preferred.
• Expert Excel user and strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Experienced with Bloomberg and FactSet (both client and programming
• Experience with the Northfield optimizer and risk model or comparable
• 5-10 years experience
• Master’s degree or higher in Financial Engineering preferred or comparable
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business, Finance or Economics preferred or
supporting fields such as Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Applied
Mathematics or STEM.
• Chartered Financial Analyst preferred.
Junior Investment Team Member Job Description
The Junior Investment Team Member at Matarin reports to an investment team principal, but the individual in this role will work closely with all of the firm’s principals. The role is critical to the ongoing success of the Matarin, as it focuses on portfolio management and trading by implementing investment policies across a variety of strategies and client portfolios dealing in both equities and futures. Attention to detailed financial data inputs is crucial to success in the role, as well as developing more optimal ways to trade accounts with as little market impact as possible.
Required Experience and Skills
* Extremely strong detail orientation
* Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, engineering, economics, math, statistics, computer science, etc.
* Two years of work experience at an investment firm preferably engaged with quantitative investment processes or trading functions.
* Familiarity with portfolio theory risk management and optimization
* Strong analytic and quantitative skills
* Team player
Junior Investment Team Member Job Functions
* Review optimizations for all client portfolios.
* On trade days, prepare trades to be input into Order Management System (OMS) or Execution Management System (EMS), making sure shares and dollars match was what prepared the night before.
* Check for borrow rates and locates when trading hedge fund portfolio, and re-evaluate the trade package if necessary.
* Use broker algorithms to trade certain accounts.
* When sending trades to brokerage trading desks, send detailed instructions along with the brokers’ goals for the trades.
* Evaluate broker and algorithm trade execution quality, during and at the end of the trading day.
* Send global equity market futures trades to brokers, or input them manually. Eventually, futures trades may also include global currency and fixed income market trades.
* Evaluate broker fills on all hedge fund trades after they are executed, and send notifications to the fund administrator.
* In the future, help the firm evaluate use of blind principal bidding for trades.
* During time when not trading, opportunities will exist to help the investment team with other research projects, but the core function of this role is managing the trading process.
Send resumes and cover letters in confidence to: Nili Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Model Validation/Risk Manager (Located in NYC)
Please note this is a contract position
In this role, the successful candidate will oversee the quality of a major US bank’s model risk management practices and manage its exposure to model risk. He or she will utilize market risk models to measure the risk of negative impacts due to fluctuations in interest rates, credit spreads, foreign exchange rates, mortgage rates, equity and commodity prices, and market liquidity. Risk must be measured across the trading book, AFS securities, HFS assets, the mortgage book, and private equity investments.
This role will involve conducting regular product and model validation to both assess and mitigate the bank’s risk. The successful candidate will independently review and analyze models used for pricing and the risk management of equity derivative products to determine the conceptual soundness of the model’s specifications and assumptions, including its response to stressed market conditions, the correctness of its implementation, and the robustness of its numerical aspects. He or she will also review the adequacy of the product-model considering market liquidity and hedging strategies along with studies of product sensitivities in various market conditions and propose alternative approaches as needed. Finally, he or she will review models implemented in C#.
• Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics; an MS can be accepted if accompanied with sufficient experience
• 3 or more years of experience in pricing model validation or a front office quant role with a broad exposure to fixed income or equity derivatives
• Experience in building or validating mathematical or statistical models (especially interest rate models, CVA, XVA, and price factors)
• Knowledge of fixed income trading, including swap and swaption, Muni derivatives, inflation linked products, inflation hedging, interest rate hedging, CVA, and XVA
• Ability to develop or validate stochastic calculus applications in a financial context
• Understanding of financial industry regulations and practices related to model development, capital requirements, and model validation
• Ability to use models for Value-at-risk and CCAR/stress tests
• Experience in model validation and benchmarking, specifically related to rate models, interest rate term structures, stochastic convergences, interest rates, Markovian models with numerical PDEs, exotic derivatives pricing, SABR models, and Monte Carlo simulations
• Understanding of structured securities, credit impacts, and cash flow
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information, please contact: Jesse Marrus, President, StreetID at email@example.com